Thursday, May 11, 2006

Do bhai...

Ahh... what a pain... (a terrible hang over... i pop a pill) and doze off...

..... time passes...

i finally wake up... go thru my scratching ritual... look around...
... dont recollect any thing... my head aches.. must be the hot Turkish delight that i had yesterday.

...still looking around... Brown mud walls... a window... a hallway opening into another room, I hear voices comming from the adjacent room... I gather my strength... well what evers remaining and trudge to the other room.

I enter the room and am greeted with three As-salaam-wal-eikum's.. i do a quick semi string reverse and reply back.. the 3 kifaya clad lads seem amused with my knowledge of urdu... dont blame them for being ignorant... if only they watched more hindi movies... they could have known more urdu vocab themselves.

I head to the hammam... to complete my morning ablutions. My Head still aches... both of them... i dip myself in a tub of cold water and dose off...

I must have relaxed for around 10 min when i am suddenly awakened by a soft nuzzle... i wake up and see 4 camels surrounding me and lapping away to glory.. Disoriented as i was it doesnt take my refined MBA mind to realise that i had accidently taken a bath in the camels water tank. why they have it inside my room i dont really know.( but i would soon realise, my Mth sense tells me).

I walk out to the main hall, one Kifaya clad lad seems to have left, the remianing are drooling all over my semi unclothed body (I was wearing 3 socks... what .. dont judge me.. if it was a scorching 58 degrees in india... they would have made 3 socks a national dress in summer).

I dont like their look ( no the drool doesnt bother me... it just evaporates before touching ground zero), so i wear my flowery shorts... (10 NIS... those were the days) and a vest. The drooling and the steam stops.

I get my self formally introduced, they introduce themselves as brothers , Ziyad and Tamir.. and wink at me. Tamir adds "in case you look up the meaning of my name... i would like you to know i am carrying mine" and winks again.

I check back later for the meaning of their names at http://www.ummah.net/family/masc.html
Ziyad : Super Abundance
Tamir : One who owns date palm tree... ("i am carrying mine" echoes all over my mind...)

I rush to the nearest blacksmith and customise a steel unmentionable... head over to the nearest lock smith and get a lazer cut key and a lock, i burn my socks and check out of the hostel to the nearest hotel... lest Z and T harm my anmol ratans.

My Mth sense was wrong this time as it always was... i dont have a clue what the camels were doing inside the room. But i am here to spend my next 6 months... would probably figure out in due course. I am sore... and the steel unmentionable is not helping.

Will continue later....

No comments: