Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Chapter 12: Masti Ki Paatshaala...

I used to sport a mustache at school, was not a mustache per-se… but was the pre puberty facial outgrowth that I proudly used to sport. We (read me and my classmates) used to contend for the densest outgrowth ever.

In a lighter vein, I used to actually enjoy the influence I had on my friends, I used to make them laugh and reason out the fights and they used to laugh and be appreciative about it.

The school was also the place where I had the first infatuation, actually the first, second, third, fourth …. The list is too long. The girl whom I used to secretly admire was already hooked to a guy and it did hurt a little knowing the same, but I had my friends who were pre-pubescent adolescents who helped me come out of the depression by telling me how big a whore she was, not that I liked and entirely accepted the statement, but it did make me feel better and helped me move on to my next infatuation.

So after realizing that most of my school is filled with whores, I quit.

My best friends (yes there were many then) were from all divisions, (BTW I had forgotten to mention that I had bade good riddance to Marathi and had taken up French as my second language, Hindi was to stay, u can’t ask for too much luck. We were divided into divisions viz: Marathi, Sanskrit and French and as u might have guessed, I was in French) and most divisions were at war, reason to protect their females and to prevent breeding beyond the boundaries. Not that anyone actually did breed, but the animal instincts did kick in.

I was probably the only one apart from Rishiraj who was privileged to enter and leave whatever territories we pleased to, reason we shared good relations with Sudhir, the big shot from Marathi division who commanded them all.

A little update on the divisions as they existed in my time:

Marathi: Comprised of divisions A thru C (approx 55 students per division) all well built Maharashtrians who would kill if instructed or if they felt was morally right.

Sanskrit: One division D, 55 students in all who thought that brains were better than brawns (Wimps) and who would beat themselves if confronted by a person from the earlier divison who gives them an option to hit themselves hard or bear the brunt.

French: 2 divisions E and F (55 per division) Every single person with the highest ego, who thought that being in the company of either divisions mentioned above is a disgrace, that and learning French would automatically qualify them a free entry into Jacques Chirac’s concubine list. As for us (me, Harish, Vinay, and Rishiraj we were in for pure fun and also given the fact that French resembles English and would be taught from scratch)

Continuing, we were actually feared by our peers, that was fun for a while, we were also advised to sever all relationships whatsoever with the marathi guys to which we did not give a shit.

We also used to ogle at girls from every division, they knew our status, the M guys had the liberty to do so at will, we were the only F guys who could without getting beaten. So we had fun at the expense of others, but hey… I am not complaining, others were too busy studying the shit out and testing its consistency when it was time to enjoy their school life. I for one have no regrets what so ever, for I very well know that I did.

Communal Harmony:

I once got into a Tiff with Amjad (a good friend of mine) who in retaliation punched my bus, so forceful was the punch that the bus was dented and the paint scrapped off, the driver of the bus immediately took him to the principal and he sang.

I was asked to come down to the principals cabin, the then reigning principal was father Phillip ( a famous colorful personality, was also in the news recently) he asked me if I was the one who initiated the fight, I replied in the affirmative, he then asked if it would be reasonable to punish just Amjad, I said no, he was impressed by the way we stood for each other and pardoned us, we were happy, we left the room arm-over-shoulders, as for Amjad he ended up giving the driver the bird, for which he was punished :).

I love my school.

No comments: